So healthy, light and delicious. These meatballs have it all — the veggies make you feel like you’re doing the right thing. Make sure you add extra red pepper flakes if you like it really spiccyyy. Shown here with some Greek yogurt & srirachia sauce for the dipping.
Of course, you can always sub in ground turkey for the chicken.
- 2 tbs olive oil (+more later)
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1.5 lbs ground chicken (or turkey)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lrg egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumb
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmigian cheese
Heat the olive oil on high in a large skillet. When oil gets hot, toss in the zucchini, bell peppers, garlic, red pepper flakes and salt & pepper to taste. Cook for 5 minutes, transfer to a dish and allow to cool.
In a large bowl, mix the ground chicken, cooled veggies, parsley, egg, breadcrumb, cheese and salt & pepper to taste. **Add some extra red pepper flakes if you like it spicy.**
Place some wax paper on a large surface. Form your meatballs and place on wax paper. If mixture is too sticky to handle, coat your hands with olive oil.
Lightly drizzle a large pan with olive oil and cook the meatballs in batches – for about 5 minutes per side, on medium low heat. You can crack one open to make sure they are cooked thru. You may also bake them at 400 degrees F. for 20 minutes.
Yields 31 meatballs.