Love is in the air — whether your with someone or not — regardless. My advice: maintain your love quotient for your lovey and/or for yourself.
I’m gonna be honest – this was supposed to be a straight up red velvet brownie.. however the color gods did not fully cooperate with me on this one. That said, the taste and texture are still perfection.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Bake Time: 25 minutes
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup beet puree
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups oat flour
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line an 8×8″ baking dish with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine the oil and sugar. Add to it the vanilla, cacao powder, beet puree, applesauce and salt and mix to combine. Slowly add the flour until fully incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips. Transfer mixture to baking dish. Optional: add some extra chip on top for garnish.
Bake for 25-28 minutes. Allow to cool prior to slicing.
Yields 16 bars.
- Any vegetable oil will work.
- Any sugar will work.
- If you don’t have ready oat flour… just throw some old fashioned oats into your food processor and grind into flour.
- I bought my beets pre-cooked, organic at the supermarket and pureed them in my food processor (see pics below). You can cook your own fresh; stem, peel and boil till just fork tender.
- Beet purees vary in consistency, so if your batter is too runny, add an additional 1 tbs flour to the batter at a time to reach desired thickness.