An incredible recipe that absolutely delivers amazingness in taste and flavor – the sauce here is EVERYTHING. And it’s beyond quick to put together.
This base recipe comes from Jessica Merchant’s book ‘Seriously Delish’ – I am a major fan – with some lighter tweaks by moi.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup canned light coconut milk
- 1.5 tbs brown rice vinegar
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- heavy pinch ground ginger
- 1 tbs creamy peanut butter
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbs low sodium soy sauce*
- 1.5 tsp peanut oil (or olive oil)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 12 butter lettuce leaves, washed
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
In a sauce pan, combine the first 9 ingredients and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer and cook for 4 minutes, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens slightly.
In a large skillet, heat the peanut oil on medium high. Add the turkey to the pan, and using a wooden spoon, break up the meat until no longer pink — about 7 minutes. Next, add 1/3 cup of the sauce to the turkey, stir and remove from heat.
Assemble wraps with turkey on the bottom, then some sauce and sprinkle each with scallions and peanuts.
Yields 4 servings.
- Doesn’t have to be coconut sugar – brown sugar works too.
- If you cannot find butter lettuce (or boston lettuce) you can use Romaine.
- *Make it gluten free by subbing in Tamari for the soy sauce.