At times, as rare as they may be, I do try to eat really clean.
This salad is IDEAL. A must make. Recipe adapted from smittenkitchen.com
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 3 tbs olive oil
- salt, ground pepper, paprika, onion powder
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas/garbanzo beans
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 1 large clove garlic, shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tbs tahini
- 2 tbs olive oil
- salt to taste
Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a bowl, mix to coat the cubed sweet potatoes with the oil and the seasonings (to taste). Spread them out on the baking sheet, and roast for 15-20 minutes – or until just fork tender.
Rinse and drain the chickpeas.
For the Dressing: Whisk together the ingredients in a medium bowl, until blended.
Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl.
Yields 4 servings.