Delicious and easy.. dinner on the table in 30 minutes. I’ve been making this since I was 18 years old. Yes.. now I feel old as hell, but I must say, it never disappoints.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- 2 tbs ouzo (or white wine)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fiery roasted tomatoes
- 1 lb wild shrimp, shells removed with tails left on & deveined
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the garlic and onion, season with salt and pepper, and sauté until they soften. Remove from heat and add in the ouzo with caution. Place pan back on heat and stir for a minute. Next, add in the tomatoes, stir and bring to a boil, for a few minutes. Add the shrimp to the sauce and cook for two minutes on each side. Finally, mix in the parsley and feta, cook for an additional minute, remove from heat and serve.
Yields 4 servings.
Serves well with pasta, rice or quinoa.