One of the most attractive and sultry muffins I’ve ever created and photographed. Yes, I used extra chocolate chips for aesthetic purposes but these lovelies have a super poppin top all on their own. Like a big booty. Plus they’re super moist and sweet as can be, thanks mostly to the yummy bananas.
One can never have enough muffin recipes on hand. Especially with those ripened bananas sitting on your counter begging to be made into something… pancakes, loaves, cookies, etc.
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed*
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray or put muffin liners in your muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, mashed bananas, butter and vanilla. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and blend until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips (reserving some for the tops). Divide batter into the muffin pan and top with chips.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Yields 15 muffins.
*Mashed banana should yield 1 1/3 cups. You can substitute in some unsweetened applesauce for the mashed banana if you need to supplement.