It’s October, which means EVERYTHING pumpkin. And this is another one for the books – THE trifecta seasonal cookie. I basically took my banana walnut chocolate chunk breakfast cookie recipe and switched up the ingredients to make these lovelies. The texture is absurdly moist and cake-like. Please give these a shot – you will not be disappointed.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (room temp)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, pumpkin pie spice, salt & baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, usin a hand mixer, combine the sugar and butter – on medium setting.
- Add the egg, vanilla and then the pumpkin and beat for a few minutes.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and beat on low setting till a dough forms.
- Fold in the oats and lastly the chips.
- Scoop out the dough in balls – flatten slightly – and place on baking sheet, leaving a little space in between.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until they start to turn gold brown allow the edges.
Yields 30 cookies. Store in an airtight container.