It’s official – I’m in love with these healthy nachos. We’re getting married. Sweet potato, beans and spicy jalapeños. I’m totally sold, but of course, melted cheese.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Taco seasoning*
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1.5 cups shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 jalapeños, seeded & sliced
- 3 scallions, chopped fine
- 1.4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
Wash, scrub then slice your sweet potatoes into 1/4 inch rounds.
Preheat oven to 400 F. In a large bowl, toss the sweet potato rounds with the olive oil and seasoning to taste. Make sure all are coated. Arrange on cookie sheets so that none are over-lapping. I used two baking sheets. Bake at same time for 15 minutes, then remove from oven, flip the rounds over and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
In a medium bowl, combine the tomato, jalapeños, scallions, cilantro and lime juice.
Remove sheets from oven and combine sweet potatoes onto one sheet. Top with the black beans and cheese and place back in the oven for 5 minutes.
Remove from oven and top with the salsa. Serve immediately.
Yields 2-3 servings.
- For the taco seasoning… i make my own using chili powder, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and cumin.
- Recipe inspiration via bonappetit.com