The most amazing chicken dish you will ever make in your entire life. The right amount of spicy and sweet.
Serves perfect with rice or quinoa.
- 2 tbs tapioca flour (+2 tbs water)
- 1 cup water
- 2-3 tbs sriracha (varying on spicy preference)
- 3 tbs low sodium soy sauce*
- 1 large clove garlic, grated
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1.5 tbs honey
- 3 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
In a small bowl, mix the 2 tbs tapioca flour and 2 tbs water.
In a medium saucepan, on medium high heat, combine the water, sriracha, soy sauce, grated garlic, sugar and honey. Bring to a boil and add the tapioca slurry. Immediately lower heat to low and stir until sauce thickens. Shut off heat.
In a large ziploc bag or bowl, mix the chicken cubes with the 1/4 cup tapioca flour, so that they are fully coated. Drizzle a large skillet with oil and add the chicken cubes. Cook them on medium high heat — about 3-4 minutes per side — make sure they are cooked through. Next, pour the sriracha sauce mixture over the chicken and mix to coat.
Yields 4 servings.
- Recipe adapted from lacremedelacrumb.com – one of my fave blogs.
- *Make it gluten free by using Tamari Sauce instead of soy sauce.
- You can also use cornstarch or arrowroot powder, in place of the tapioca flour/starch.
- Any sugar will work.