This is for when you want the Chipotle experience but on a lighter and higher level. And please do not skip the Avocado Crema – it definitely makes the salad.
Similar recipe to my DIY Chipotle DIY Burrito Bowl – which you should def try if you haven’t already done so!
- 1.3 lbs organic chicken breasts, cubed
- 1.5 tbs soy sauce (Tamari sauce for GF)
- 1.5 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tsp chipotle powder*
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 4 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup organic sweet corn, warmed
- 10 oz. pckg grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, fine chop
- 1 cup shredded Mexi blend cheese
Avocado Crema Ingredients:
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup low fat Greek yogurt
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Place cubed chicken in a tupper. Mix the soy sauce, oil and honey. Pour over the chicken and mix to coat. Mix the chipotle chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, pepper and oregano and sprinkle over the chicken. Toss to coat.
- Heat a large skillet on medium high heat. Add the chicken and all of sauce/mixture to the skillet and cook, about 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Remove from pan and chop into small peices.
Avocado Crema Directions:
Mash avocados with fork and continue to combine all the rest of the ingredients until smooth. OR just throw everything in a food processor until incorporated and smooth.
Assemble salad as pictured (by dividing all the Salad Ingredients evenly amongst your bowls). Top with chicken and avocado cream and serve.
Yields 4 servings.
*If you cannot find Chipotle powder, use 1 tbs canned Chipotle in Adobo Sauce.