I can’t take how easy this was. And how scrumptious.
- 1 cup creamy salted peanut butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line an 8×8″ brownie pan with parchment paper.
In a bowl, beat the egg and mix with the peanut butter, syrup and baking soda until just combined — do not overmix. Lastly fold in chips. Transfer mixture to your pan and smooth out, using a rubber spatula. I sprinkled some extra chips on top for aesthetic — completely optional.
Bake for 20 – 25 minutes. (I did 20 mins in my oven).
Allow to cool prior to slicing.
Yields 16 bars.
- Recipe courtesy of detoxinista.com
- You can use unsalted peanut butter, but make sure you add 1/4 to 1/2 tsp salt to the mixture.