This is a fun remake of my original FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CHIP CHICKPEA BLONDIES. It’s someones birthday somewhere y’all.
My kids had absolutely no clue that I used peanut butter or garbanzo beans in this recipe. They said it tasted like cookie dough.
PS try not to eat all of the raw dough before you bake the bars – its quite tempting.
- 1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (room temp.)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or any liquid sweetener)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
Rinse, drain and dry the chickpeas.
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line an 8×8″ brownie pan with parchment paper.
In a food processor, add in all of the ingredients – except the chocolate chips and sprinkles. Process until just smooth. Add in the chips and sprinkles and pulse for a few seconds until just mixed.
Transfer the batter to the pan and smooth out the top with a rubber spatula. You can add a few more chips and sprinkles to the top for aesthetic.
Bake for 20-25 minutes – may look underdone, but do not over bake as that will dry out the dessert.
Remove pan from oven and allow to sit for at least 30 minutes before removing and slicing.
Yields 16 bars.
- You may sub in honey for the maple syrup.
- You can also use creamy almond butter instead of the peanut butter.