I used to be a firm believer that beans did not belong in desserts — until I finally convinced myself to try something new. Game changer. So great. You will fool everyone.
- 1 (15 oz.) can garbanzo beans /chickpeas
- 1/2 cup almond butter (room temp.)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips
Rinse, drain and dry the chickpeas.
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line an 8×8″ brownie pan with parchment paper.
In a food processor, add in all of the ingredients – except the chocolate chips. Process until just smooth. Add in the chips and pulse for 1 second until just mixed.
Transfer the batter to the pan and smooth out the top with a rubber spatula. You can add a few more tablespoons of chips to the top for aesthetic.
Bake for 20-25 minutes – may look underdone, but do not over bake as that will dry out the dessert.
Remove pan from oven and allow to sit for at least 30 minutes before removing and slicing.
Yields 16 bars.
- Recipe courtesy of www.ambitiouskitchen.com
- You may sub in honey for the maple syrup of your are not vegan.
- You can also use creamy peanut butter for the almond butter.
- Any chocolate chips will work.