This was THE MOST delicious egg bake I’ve ever made – ever. The key ingredient being the cottage cheese, which thickens it up and of course, adds extra protein to the already amazing nutrition of the eggs and veggies. The flavor, also of course, lies in the cheese and bacon and sausage. DEELISH. This is low carb and gluten free so you gots to love that! You don’t have to use my add ins by the way, you can sub in any veggie: mushrooms, cheeses, seasonings etc.
This is ideal for the weekends or for the weeks’ meal prep.
- 10 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup turkey bacon & sausage, cooked & chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped & sautéed with a drizzle of olive oil, salt & pepper
- Sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Optional shredded Parmesan to sprinkle on top
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Combine all ingredients and pour into a spray/greased 9×9 baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese on top. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and set. Times may be longer depending on your stove — you definitely do not want a watery dish!
Yields 6 servings.