An easy whip up of a dinner. My mom’s recipe with some tweaking done by yours truly. Enjoy a classic pasta with meat sauce.. carbs happen.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1 lb grass fed ground beef
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1/3 cup white wine (or water)
- 2 or 3 tbs coconut sugar
- 5 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 1 lb spaghetti
- sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- Optional: grated Parmesan cheese
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil on medium high. Add the onion, garlic and carrot, and sautee for a few minutes. Add the meat and proceed to breakup and stir around with a wooden spoon, until it is no longer pink, about 7 minutes. Season all with salt and pepper to your taste.
Next, stir in the tomatoes, paste and wine and bring to a boil; lower heat and allow to simmer for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the basil a few minutes before you remove the sauce from heat.
While that’s happening…
Cook your pasta as per the instructions on the package. Top with grated cheese as per your liking.
Yields 4 servings.