I had the ultimate pleasure of working with an incredible company and product: KIND’s Maple Quinoa Clusters Granola. This stuff is not only great on yogurt or as a straight up snack, but to bake with, it was the sweet CRUNCH that made this cookie the greatness that it is. And lets not forget the healthy ingredients. Its all LOVE.
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbs shortening (palm oil & coconut oil)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup KIND Maple Quinoa Clusters Granola
- 1/3 cup dairy free mini chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, combine the shortening and the sugar until fully incorporated and smooth. Add the egg, vanilla and baking soda and mix. Add the flour slowly until fully incorporated and cookie dough forms. Fold in the granola and chocolate chips. I had to use my hands to fully incorporated all. Form 1-2 inch balls and place on cookie sheet. Flatten them. Bake for 9-10 minutes. They may look undercooked but take them out. Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Yields 2 dozen cookies.
- You may sub in unsalted butter or coconut oil for the shortening.
- You can use gluten free flour or regular all purpose flour in lieu of the oat flour.
- To make oat flour, just throw some old fashioned oats into your food processor and grind them into a flour consistency.
- Any sugar will work.