So this gorgeous creation was born for many reasons:
- Ripe bananas
- Running out of the peach muffins I made a few days back
- Love of the peach muffin recipe from a few days back
- Love of the choc – peanut butter – banana combo.
Mine is made with gluten free flour, but you can sub in regular all purpose flour if that’s what you have. Also, you can sub in brown sugar for the maple sugar. Lastly, make sure your oats are gluten free if that’s what your adhering to.
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted & cooled
- 1 (7 oz) container Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, room temp.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 small ripe bananas, chopped
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Line a traditional loaf pan with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine the butter, yogurt, peanut butter and egg. Add the wet mixture to the dry and then fold in the bananas. Its okay if they get mashed in the process. Pour the batter into your loaf pan and sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
Bake for 35-45 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before slicing. Store leftovers in an airtight container.