When you need Chinese food but not all the sodium and fat.. go for this. Amazing and light. The wonton strips are my favorite.. try not to devour them all.
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into large chunks
- 2 tbs low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- garlic & onion powder
- 3 romaine hearts, chopped
- 1.5 cup shredded red cabbage
- 3 carrots, sliced thin (or shredded)
- 3 scallions, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup wonton strips
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1 tbs low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 clove garlic, fine shredded
Whisk together the dressing ingredients and set aside.
In a large ziploc bag, add the chicken, 2 tbs soy sauce, 1 tbs sesame oil and garlic powder & onion powder to taste. Make sure all are coated and allow to marinate in your fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Heat a grill pan on medium high and cook your chicken for about 5 minutes per side or until pieces are cooked through. Remove from pan and chop into bite sized pieces.
Assemble salad as pictured and toss with dressing to coat.
Yields 4 servings.