Major fan of this salad, it’s like my favorite sandwich and appetizer rolled into a beautiful dish.
Try it and you will love it.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, sliced lengthwise
- 1 tbs olive oil
- salt, pepper, garlic powder + onion pwder
- 2 romaine hearts, chopped
- 6 oz. ovaline fresh mozzarella
- 8 oz. cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, fine chop
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs brown sugar, packed
For the balsamic reduction — In a small saucepan, heat the balsamic vinegar and sugar over medium. Bring to a slight boil and allow to reduce to half, about 6-8 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool.
Heat oil on a grill pan on medium high. Season chicken with salt, garlic powder and onion powder to taste. Add chicken to pan and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove from pan and chop into bite sized pieces.
Assemble salad as pictured below. Drizzle with balsamic reduction.
Yields 2 servings.
Recipe courtesy of damndelicous.net