This is one of my favorite things to eat when i’m in a pinch for food (and time).
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup organic frozen sweet corn
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 2 tsp taco seasoning*
- 2 tbs chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 8 wraps/tortillas (of your choice)
In a bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients.
Heat a large skillet on medium. Place a tortilla wrap on the pan and warm for a few minutes on each side. Add about 1/2 cup of the bean mixture to the tortilla and top with about 1/4 cup of the shredded cheese. Place another tortilla on top and press down. Carefully flip over the quesadilla when you see that the cheese has melted and adhered to the top tortilla. Cook for a few more minutes or until the golden brown on the outside. Remove from pan and place on flat surface to cut into wedges.
Yields 4 quesadillas.
- I make my own taco seasoning which consists of chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder and salt.
- You don’t have to make all the quesadillas at once. You can store the bean/corn mixture in an airtight container in you fridge for up to a week.
- I don’t really need a dip, but you can use greek yogurt or sour cream with mashed avocado and garlic powder… fantastic.
- Base recipe via dashingdish.com