THE IDEAL breakfast on the run.. banana and chocolate are the greatest together. And the best part is that you can sub in any ingredients: next time i’m doing banana-blueberry. These are breakfast and snack perfection.
Definitely kid approved on my end.
- 2.5 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 2.5 tbs maple syrup
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk
- 1.5 tbs coconut oil, melted + cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a 12 slotted muffin tray with cups.
In a medium bowl, mix the oats, baking powder and salt.
In a separate large bowl, mash bananas. Combine all wet ingredients. Pour the dry mixture into the wet and mix. Lastly fold in the chips.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set. Let them fully cool before eating.
Yields 12 muffins.
- Make sure that your oats are gluten free, if that is a priority to you.
- You can use any liquid sweetener; honey (but no longer vegan).
- Any milk will work (but no longer vegan).
- Any vegetable oil will work.
- Base recipe courtesy of Chocolate Covered Katie!