An immaculate combination of all wholesome ingredients and of course, the main flavors of blueberries and banana. My favorite breakfast or snack, hands down.
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup flax meal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 2/3 cup almond milk, room temp.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, washed + dried
Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray your mini muffin tray with coconut oil.
Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet in another. Add the dry to the wet and mix until just combined. Lastly, fold in the blueberries. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Yields 24 mini muffins.
- If you don’t care about being vegan, you can sub in honey for the maple syrup, unsalted butter for the coconut oil and ANY milk for the almond milk.
- If your not following a gluten free diet, you may sub in regular all purpose flour.
- If you choose to make the larger slot muffins (12 slot tray), you will need to bump up the bake time to 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.