One of the greatest things I’ve ever made.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, fine chop
- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 1 tbs taco seasoning*
- 4 (10″) tortilla wraps
- 2 cups shredded Mexi Blend cheese
- 1/2 cup pinto beans, drained, rinsed & mashed
- 1/2 cup salsa (or pico de gallo)
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 2 tbs black olives, chopped
- 2 green onions, fine chop
In a skillet, heat the olive oil on medium high. Cook the onion until translucent. Add the turkey and with a wooden spoon, break up the meat until no longer pink. Season with taco seasoning. Cover and set aside.
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place 2 tortillas on the sheet and evenly sprinkle them each with 1 cup of the cheese, followed by the meat and then the beans. Cover them with the remaining 2 tortillas and press down.
Top them each with salsa (evenly distributed) and then with the remaining cheese. Lastly add the olives, tomato and green onions. Place them in the oven and bake until cheese has melted and they have heated through – about 5 minutes.
Yields 4 servings.
- Recipe adapted from www.closetcooking.com
- *My ‘taco seasoning’ consists of chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and salt.