THE ULTIMATE summer salad. Refreshing, light, yet filling. It’s really perfect when your not in the mood for those heavier meals and just want something to do you right. And of course, the best part… its a quickie in the kitchen.
- 1 lb wild shrimp, peeled & deveined (w/ tails left on)
- 2 grapefruits, peeled & sliced
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled & sliced
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 4 tbs pistachio oil (or olive oil)
- 3 tbs champagne vinegar
- 2.5 tbs fresh chives, finely chop
- 1 tbs shallot, minced
- 3 tsp fresh grapefruit juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
Whisk together all dressing ingredients until well combined and set aside.
Drop shrimp into boiling water (or grill) and cook until opaque (about a minute or two). Leave tails on for presentation purposes.
Assemble salad and serve.
Yields 4 servings.