This dish will undoubtedly please your crowd. An ultimate comfort food. And perfect for leftovers for the week ahead. If you love pasta sauce and cheese, you are in the right place my darling. Feel free to sub in tortellini.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, seeded & diced
- 2 lbs sweet pork sausage, casings removed
- 1 (15 oz) can fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 (18 oz) jars marinara sauce
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 3 (10 oz) packages cheese ravioli
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium high. Once hot, add the onions and bell pepper and saute for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the garlic for 30 seconds and then add the sausage. Using a wooden spoon, break up the meat until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
Next, add the fire roasted tomatoes, marinara and sugar to the pot. Bring the mixture to a simmer, reduce heat to medium low and cook sauce for 30 minutes.
In a separate pot, cook the pasta al dente (as per instructions on package).
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large baking dish, layer up the sauce and ravioli. Top with the cheese and bake for 20 minutes covered with aluminum foil and then 5-10 minutes without the foil.
Yields 6-8 servings.
- Sub in tortellini for the ravioli.