We are all obsessed with this one – it is going on the weekly food playlist. You 100% must try it. The flavors are beyond my expectations. Who knew a veggie burger could be this good?
- 1 cup quinoa (COOKED)
- 4 tbs bbq sauce (i use Annie’s Organic Honey BBQ sauce)
- 1 tbs molasses
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, drained, rinsed & mashed
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1 shallot, minced (or 1/4 cup of any onion)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (or oats)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 egg
Preheat oven to 425 F.
combine the bbq sauce and molasses in a small bowl and set aside.
in a large bowl, combine the quinoa, beans, jalapeño, shallot, garlic, carrot, breadcrumb, cumin, chili powder, salt, and egg. add to it 2/3 of the bbq sauce/molasses mixture.
form 6 burger patties and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
bake for 20-25 minutes – FLIPPING MIDWAY THROUGH.
****use the remaining bbq sauce mixture as a spread on the burger/bun – heavenly.
assemble your burger as desired… i used the following fixins:
- ezekiel bun
- romaine lettuce
- tomato slices
- avocado slices
- pepper jack cheese
yields 6 servings.