I just love a delicious no bake, bite size dessert. Crunchy, sweet and salty.. perfect.
- 1.5 cups unsalted mini pretzels
- 1 (16 oz) container creamy salted peanut butter
- 2 tbs melted coconut oil (+more later)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 bag vegan chocolate chips
Crush pretzels in a ziploc bag (or in your food processor) into small pieces.
In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter, 2 tbs coconut oil, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Next, fold in pretzel pieces.
IMPORTANT: Place bowl with mixture in your freezer for atleast 1 hour. You won’t be able to manage the mixture into balls otherwise.
Remove from freezer and form your balls. Place on a parchment lined rimmed baking sheet. Put sheet in freezer for at least 30 minutes.
While they are setting, melt the chocolate chips and 1 tsp coconut oil in a small pot, on low heat – stirring constantly until smooth.
When the balls have set, use a spoon to dip the balls into the chocolate and fully coat. Place them back on the baking sheet. Put them back in the freezer for 15 more minutes.
IF YOU’RE DOING THE OPTIONAL PEANUT BUTTER TOP DRIZZLE:
- 3 tbs peanut butter
- 1 tbs powdered sugar
Heat the two ingredients to melt. Drizzle over the set chocolate balls and place back into freezer for 10 more minutes.
Store truffles in an airtight container in your fridge.
Yields 24 truffles.
- Use gluten free pretzels if you’re wanting to follow that diet.
- If your using unsalted peanut butter, make sure to add salt to the mixture.
- If your not vegan, any milk chocolate chips will do.