Have been wanting to try those fancy vegan marshmallows I keep seeing in the market. That, coupled with my childhood obsession with Friendly’s rocky road ice cream, produced these gems. EAsy is a complete understatement with only 5 ingredients and no bake makes it fool-proof.
They are vegan and gluten free to boot.
- 1 (10 oz) bag mini vegan marshmallows
- 1.5 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 2.5 cups dairy free/vegan chocolate chips
- 1 (15 oz.) can coconut cream
Line a 9×13″ baking dish with parchment paper.
In an extra large bowl, combine the walnuts and marshmallows.
In a medium saucepan, melt the coconut oil. Add the chocolate chips and lower the heat to low, constantly stirring, until the chocolate is completely melted. Remove from heat and fold in the coconut cream until just combined. Allow mixture to cool for 5 minutes and then pour it into the bowl with the walnuts & marshmallows. Toss to combine. Transfer this mixture to the parchment lined baking dish and spread out with a rubber spatula. Place dish in freezer until set, about 1 hour. Remove from pan, and slice into small squares. Store them in the refrigerator, in an airtight container.
Yields 22 bars.
- Any mini marshmallows will do.
- If you are not vegan, you can sub in butter for the coconut oil. Also, you may use condensed milk in place of the coconut cream.