If your in the mood for chocolate and coffee flavored banana bread, your in the right place. Ideal for breakfast or dessert.
Also delicious and dairy free.
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 2/3 cup honey*
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted & cooled
- 1/2 cup canned light coconut milk**
- 1 egg, room temp.
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbs espresso powder + 1 tbs hot water, dissolved
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 9×5″ loaf pan with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cacao, baking soda and powder, and salt.
In a medium bowl, mix the mashed banana, honey, oil, milk, egg, vanilla & dissolved espresso.
Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients bowl and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Transfer mixture to loaf pan.
OPTIONAL: Garnish top of loaf with extra chocolate chips prior to baking.
Bake for 60-70 minutes, rotating pan halfway through. Bread is done when toothpick comes out clean.
Allow bread to cool for at least 15 minutes in pan, prior to removing.
- Base recipe courtesy of tutti-dolci.com
- You can sub in maple syrup or any liquid sweetener for the honey.
- You can sub in buttermilk for the canned coconut milk. (will no longer be dairy free)
- You can sub in melted unsalted butter for the coconut oil. (will no longer be dairy free)