Amazing cookie.. please make it. You will thank me. All healthy ingredients. So soft and chewy… but warning: try not to eat the cookie dough before you bake .. it is quite tempting.
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup heaping unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 1.5 tbs water
Preheat oven to 325 F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk together the first 4 ingredients.
In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, apple sauce and vanilla. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix until just combined.
Using a melon baller or ice cream scoop, drop the dough into small balls onto the prepared baking sheet (about 2 inches apart). Then flatten them out with your fingers.
Bake for 15-17 minutes (or until slightly golden brown on the edges).
For the Icing: Whisk together the sifted powdered sugar, syrup and water until smooth.
Allow the cookies to cool prior to drizzling with the icing.
Yields 20 cookies.
- Make sure your oat flour is gluten free if that is a priority to you.
- If you don’t have oat flour, you can make it by grinding up old fashioned oats in your food processor until they resemble flour.
- For the cookie ingredients, any sugar works.