A super hearty salad … made with ground turkey and topped with shredded Monterey Jack cheese, scallions, green olives & Campari tomatoes. If you like the taco thing, then this is your new favorite salad.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1.5 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chile powder
- 1 medium potato, peeled & finely chopped
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, diced
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock (or water)
In a large skillet on medium high, heat oil and cook turkey & onion until turkey is no longer pink..using a wooden spoon to break up the meat.
Next, stir in cumin, chili powder and salt.
Add in the potato, tomato, garlic, jalapeño and chicken stock. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium low. Allow to simmer for 15 mins (stir occasionally). Remove when potatoes are tender to the fork.
For the salad:
- I used shredded iceberg lettuce here, but would use romaine next time.
- Adding avocado or crushed tortilla chips to the salad next time.
- shredded jack cheese
- sliced tomato
- chopped olives
- Ranch Dressing