If you make anything from the HH site – this is it. Of course, you have to be a fan of pizza, but i mean, who the heck isn’t? And yes, I am on a NUGGET STREAK lately… And loving it. They’re kind of like a cross between nugget and mini muffin, depending on how much you fill the muffin slots.
This is perfect for the holidays as an appetizer or literally anytime you are in the mood for something yummy and quick. I’m beyond obsessed.
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 3/4 cup low fat milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 strips turkey bacon, cooked & chopped
- Pizza sauce for dipping
- Olive oil spray
Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray your mini muffin baking tray with olive oil spray.
In a large bowl, whisk together the oat flour, baking powder, chili flakes and salt to taste. Add to it the milk and egg and mix until just combined. Lastly fold in the mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese and bacon. Let the mix sit for 10 minutes.
Fill each muffin slot half way. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until golden brown on top. Remove from oven and allow to sit in tray for 10 minutes before removing.
Yields 20 nuggets.
- If being gluten free is a priority to you, make sure the oat flour you use is gluten free.
- You can make your own oat flour by throwing some rolled oats in your food processor and grinding them into a flour.
- You may definitely sub in all purpose flour instead of oat flour, if gluten free is not a concern to you.
- Add more chili flakes if you like it really spicy.
- You can use any meat… bacon, sausage, pepperoni, etc.