A fabulous banana bread that you can commit to. This is what mornings, afternoons and anytimes, are made of. Yes, slightly indulgent …but definitely worth it.
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, combine the crumb ingredients and set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, soda, powder and cinnamon. Set aside.
In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, combine the egg and sugar. Add the butter and beat until fluffy. Add the vanilla, coconut milk, bananas and mix until all are incorporated.
Add the dry mixture to the wet SLOWLY/A LITTLE AT A TIME, and mix until all is combined. Fill the loaf pan an inch or two from the top. You may have left over batter — I made pancakes …magnificent.
Top with crumble and bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool 15-20 minutes prior to slicing. I also dusted the top of my loaf with just a little powdered sugar for presentation.
- If the gluten free diet is not a priority to you, you can absolutely sub in regular all purpose flour.
- Any sugar will work here.
- Buttermilk can be subbed in for the coconut milk.
- For the crumb topping, almond meal can be made at home by throwing some almonds into a food processor and grinding them into a coarse meal. You can all sub in regular flour if being gluten free is not important.