My personal theory: the more flourless recipes the better… especially this one – every ingredient provides a nutritional benefit. I mean, come on. And even beyond that fact, they are fluffy and moist deliciousness. Of course, incredibly easy to make and you will be so happy you have them around for breakfast or snacking.
- 1 cup almond butter (room temp)
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 tbs chia seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup dairy free dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 325 F. Spray your mini muffin tray with coconut oil.
In a large bowl, mix the first 6 ingredients. Next, fold in the last 4 ingredients. Fill each muffin slot almost to the top.
Optional: top each muffin with some chips, cranberries and seeds for garnish.
Bake for 15-20 minutes. Be careful not to burn them!
Yields 24 mini muffins.
- To make them dairy free, use vegan chocolate chips.
- You can use a 12 slot muffin tray but you would need to bump up the bake time to 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- I buy my pumpkin puree in a can (organic & BPA liner free) (Not pumpkin pie mix, btw). You may also sub in sweet potato or butternut squash puree.
- Sub in any creamy nut butter, i.e. peanut butter.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.