You really can NEVER go wrong with double chocolate. This is a perfect hearty breakfast or snack.
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1.25 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 7 tbs coconut oil, melted & cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 cup gf old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup chopped dairy free chocolate
Preheat oven to 375 F. Line an 8×8″ brownie pan with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine the beaten egg, oil, vanilla and milk. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix until just combined. Add the oats and mix, and lastly, fold in the chocolate chunks.
Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Allow to cool before slicing.
- If a gluten free diet is not important to you, you can definitely sub in regular all purpose flour and omit the xanthan gum.
- Any sugar will work.
- You can use shortening or unsalted butter for the oil, if you choose.
- Any milk will work.