An easy, delicious way to prep for breakfast or your snack situation. Loving these yummies. Very hearty and sweet. I mean who doesn’t enjoy the cinnamon roll taste?
This recipe is adapted from my Chocolate Chip Banana Oatmeal TO GO Cups – the best!!
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 2 3/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tbs canned coconut milk
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a regular sized muffin tray with liners.
In a large bowl mix the eggs, applesauce, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and baking powder until combined. Then, stir in the oats, milk and shredded coconut.
Spoon the mixture into the muffin liners, filling each to the top. Bake for 15-17 minutes.
In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and coconut milk until smooth. Allow them to cool before icing.
Yields 12 baked oatmeal cups. Store in an airtight container in your fridge.
- This can be made gluten free by using GF oats.
- You can use any milk in lieu of the almond milk.
- You can use any sugar.
- You can sub in almond meal for the shredded coconut.
- Recipe adapted from crazyforcrust.com