This is like making a giant cookie pizza. Very crispy yet chewy on the inside. A definite score.
- 1/2 cup oat flour*
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted & cooled
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 325 F. Line a rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites till foamy. Mix in the sugar, oil and vanilla. Next, mix in the protein powder. Then, gradually mix in the flour mixture. Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips. Transfer the batter to the baking sheet. Using a rubber spatula, spread out the batter as thin as possible. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and slice into squares — do not separate the pieces though. Bake for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool before breaking into pieces.
- You can sub in regular all purpose flour for the oat flour.
- Make sure your oat flour and protein powder are gluten free if that is a priority to you. Also, if you don’t have oat flour, just grind up some oats in your food processor until they resemble flour consistency.
- Any sugar will work.
- Any vegetable oil will work in lieu of the coconut oil.