This is a side dish your family and friends will be begging you to make over and over again. Its low carb, gluten free and deliciously reminiscent of our favorite comfort food.
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- olive oil
- 1.5 cups marinara sauce
- 4 oz. pepperoni*
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 10 oz. shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower florets with a heavy drizzle of olive oil.. just enough to coat them. Spread them out on the baking sheet so none overlap. Bake for 25 minutes. Once done, transfer them into the large bowl again and toss them with the sauce, pepperoni, pepper, olives and half the mozzarella cheese. (Reserve some olives, peppers and pepperoni for toppings).
Transfer mixture to casserole dish and top with the remaining cheeses and reserved toppings.
Lower oven heat to 350 degrees F. and bake for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
Yields 4-6 servings.
- Recipe adapted from www.closetcooking.com
- Choose any toppings you prefer.
- *Leave out the pepperoni if you want to make it a vegetarian dish.
- Make it spicy with red chili pepper flakes on top!