I love this salad for lunch or anytime. Base recipe inspired by The Pioneer Woman – amazing! Best part is the delicious dressing that I healthified for us. Dig in!!
- 1.3 lb chicken breasts
- olive oil, garlic powder + salt
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3/4 cup frozen sweet corn, warmed
- 1/2 medium red onion, fine chop
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3 oz. crumble feta cheese
- 4 romaine hearts, chopped
Slice the chicken breasts lengthwise. Season with garlic powder and salt. Heat a grill pan on medium high and lightly drizzle with olive oil. Cook chicken 5 minutes per side – or until juices run clear. Chop into bite sized pieces.
- 4 tbs Greek yogurt
- 1/2 large avocado
- 2 tbs light canned coconut milk
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp maple syrup
In a medium bowl, mash and whisk together all ingredients until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste.
Toss Salad with dressing.
Yields 4 servings.