This muffin is an amazing and healthy way to wow your crowd. My batch was gone in less than 24 hours. You really can’t miss with the banana – chocolate combo. GET ON EM QUICK!
- 1.5 cups oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg, room temp.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 12 slot muffin pan with muffin cups or spray with coconut oil.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Add the egg and vanilla and incorporate. Add the bananas and beat until fully mixed. Then add the flour mixture and beat until fully incorporated. Divide the batter in half. In one of the bowls, mix in the 1/4 cup cacao powder, until fully incorporated.
Fill one side of each muffin slot with the banana batter and the other half with the chocolate batter (see photo below).
Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Yields 12 muffins.
- Make sure your oat flour is gluten free if that is a priority to you. Also, you can make your own oat flour by adding old fashioned oats to your food processor and grinding them into a flour.
- You may sub in regular all purpose flour for the oat flour.
- You can also sub in unsweetened cocoa powder for the cacao.