One of the best salads I have ever made. And the dressing is sublime. I love all of these ingredients together.
- 1.3 lbs chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 3 or 4 hearts romaine, chopped
- 1 cup frozen organic corn
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed + drained
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded mexi blend cheese
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 (7 oz.) container 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup 1% milk
- 2 tbs fresh chives, fine chop
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup bbq sauce
In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients. Store in fridge if not using right away.
Slice your chicken breasts lengthwise (into thinner cutlets). Season with salt to taste. Slather the bbq sauce on each cutlet.
Heat a grill pan on medium high and when hot, add the chicken breasts. Lower heat to medium and cook for about 3-4 minutes per side – or until cooked through – flipping once. Use remaining bbq sauce to keep adding to the chicken as it cooks. Slice and top your salad.
Yields 4 servings.
- You can also marinate the chicken in the bbq sauce for an hour, prior to grilling. I skipped this and they were still amazing.
- I used Annie’s Organic Sweet & Spicy BBQ Sauce – a personal favorite of mine.
- Recipe inspiration courtesy of favfamilyrecipes.com