I can never resist the banana – chocolate combo. Too good. These are so great because you can taste the banana in every bite.
Can be DAIRY FREE if you sub in coconut oil for the butter (see notes below).
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened*
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 small ripe bananas, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 8×8″ brownie pan with parchment paper.
In a small pot, melt the chocolate chips on low heat, stirring constantly – until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Next, beat in the eggs and vanilla until just combined. Then, add in and mix the melted chocolate and then the flour mixture (a little at a time) until fully combined. Lastly, fold in the banana pieces. Transfer mixture to the pan and spread out using a rubber spatula.
Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Allow to cool prior to slicing.
- Any sugar works.
- Any chocolate chips work.
- *You can sub in coconut oil for the butter.