I’ve fallen very hard for these guys. YOU NEED TO MAKE THEM. They are my new GO TO dessert/breakfast. I can never say no to the banana / peanut butter combination.
Everything about them is on point. Although, if you want to skip the frosting and just do the bar, they are more than enough on their own.
- 7 tbs coconut oil, melted (or unsalted butter)
- 1 cup unpacked light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
PB Frosting Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter, room temp.
- 5 tbs unsalted butter
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line an 8×8 brownie pan with parchment paper.
Using an electric hand mixer, beat the oil and the sugar in a large bowl, until combined. Add the egg, vanilla and salt and continue mixing until incorporated. Add the flour, a little at a time, and continue to beat until mixed in. Lastly, add the mashed banana and beat until batter is smooth. Transfer mixture to the pan and bake for 25 minutes or until center is set.
Allow cake to cool prior to frosting.
Using the electric hand mixer, beat the sugar, peanut butter and butter until completely smooth; about 3-4 minutes. Spread frosting on cake and then slice.
- I sprinkled the frosting with some CINNAMON for aesthetic purposes.
- Recipe adapted from smittenkitchen.com
- You can add in so many things with these… OPTIONS: Chocolate Chips, Walnuts, Dried Fruit, etc.
- Make sure your oat flour is gluten free if that is a priority to you.
- If you don’t have oat flour, you can make some by grinding old fashioned oats in your food processor until they resemble flour.
- You can sub in regular all purpose flour for the oat flour.